It is possible to use industrial lasers without enclosures!
However, in order to make them safe to use, personal protective equipment must be used (laser safety glasses) and access to the surrounding area needs to be controlled by interlocks or other means.
Special signage is required and other procedures must be implemented to enforce the laser-controlled area.
Lasers used for welding applications radiate inthe infrared spectra, which are not visible to the humaneye. The intensive fiber laser light radiate in the visible spectrum but invisible for humans, is especially dangerous to the eye. Fibre laser radiation penetrate through to the retina which can be destroyed irrevocably by relatively little radiation.
Misdirected laser radiation can come directly from the laser and threaten the eyes as a result of a faulty parameter setting, an opened cover, a displaced mirror etc. Other hazards include skin burn or inﬂammation from combustible materials as a result of misdirected laserradiation. The greatest hazard, however, usually stems from reﬂected laser radiation: the major share of the laser radiation is reﬂected by coldmaterial ﬁrst. To this we can add reﬂections of work piece edges, as a result of turbulence in the weld pool etc.
Misdirected radiation and reﬂections must be blocked off. That is why the law stipulates that the laser beam and the work zone must be in an enclosure. Beyond that, all those present, and the machine operators in particular, should wear protective goggles that are appropriate for the laser radiation being used. Fbre laser radiation are very dangerous to the eye and require special protective measures andapproved safety goggles.
Standard protective goggles made of glass or acrylic glass are not suitable at all,
as glass and acrylic glass allow ﬁbre laser radiation to pass through!
- Never point the laser beam at anyone’s eyes!
- Do not look directly into a laser beam!
- Always wear protection glasses!
- If the laser light accidentally strikes your eyes, close your eyes and immediately move your head out of the laser beam.
- Do not use any focusing optical device to look at the laser beam while working with lasers.
- Laser beam Emission indicator + external emission warning indicator control
- Remote interlock connector with Multi safety interlocks:
- Nozzle contact interlock
- Door contact (external) interlock
- Foot pedal (dead’s men pedal) interlock (opt.),
- Hardware Key control lock
- Internal and external double wired emergency stop (opt.)
- Failsafe start-stop control
- Active Control of start and stop from external fume extraction system
WE HOLD SAFETY OF PEOPLE IN HIGH ESTEEM!
Respecting on all following CE regulations:
EC 2006/42/EC – EC Directive Machinery
EC 2006/35/EU – Low voltage directive
ISO 12100 P1,P2 – Basic Standards Safety of Machinery
ISO 13857 Generic Standards Safety on hazard zones around Machinery
ISO 13849-1 Generic Standards Safety related Parts of Control System
ISO 13850 Generic standards Safety design of emergency stops
ISO 14119 Generic standards interlocking devices associated with guards
ISO 11145 laser equipment Vocabulary and symbols
ISO 11553-1 Safety standards of laser processing devices
ISO 11553-2 Safety standards of handheld laser processing devices
Where do you want to work?
Where does your team wants to work?
Depending on the materials being welded, laser welding may generate fumes, altough much less than any other welding process, that are hazardous to health.
Therefore, it is important to always provide sufﬁcient extraction and fresh air.
EC-Directive Machinery - Basic requirements on safety and health
- Directive 89/392/EEC (consolidated by 98/37/EC, 2006/42/EC)
Type A-Standards: Design principles and basic concepts for machines - Basic standards
- Basic safety requirements
- ISO 12100 P1, P2 “Safety of machinery - Basic concepts, general principles for design“
Type B-Standards: Generic standards
- Type B1 Safety aspects
- ISO 13857 “Safety of machinery - Safety distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper and lower limbs“
- ISO 13849-1 „Safety of machinery - Safety-related parts of control systems - Part 1: General principles for design“
- Type B2 Safety related devices
- ISO 13850 “Safety of machinery - Emergency stop - Principles for design“
- ISO 14119 „Safety of machinery - Interlocking devices associated with guards - Principles for design and selection”
Type C-Standards : Product Standard - Detailed safety requirements for a particular machine or type of machines
- ISO 11553-2 „Safety of machinery - Laser processing machines - Part 2: Safety requirements for hand-held laser processing devices
Essential health and safety requirements relating to the design and construction of machinery
The essential health and safety requirements laid down in this Annex are Manditory:
1. ESSENTIAL HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
1.5. RISKS DUE TO OTHER HAZARDS
1.5.12 Laser radiation
Where laser equipment is used, the following should be taken into account:
- laser equipment on machinery must be designed and constructed in such a way as to prevent any accidental radiation,
- laser equipment on machinery must be protected in such a way that effective radiation, radiation produced by reflection or diffusion and secondary radiation do not damage health,
- optical equipment for the observation or adjustment of laser equipment on machinery must be such that no health risk is created by laser radiation.
Responsibility of IEC
IEC 60825 Safety of laser products
- P1: Equipment classification and requirements
- P2: Safety of optical fibre - communication systems (OFCS)
- P4: Laser guards
Responsibility of ISO
ISO 11553 Safety of machinery - Laser processing machines
- P1: General safety requirements
- P2: Safety requirements for hand-held laser
Laserlassen in Belgie - laserlassen in Nederland - Laser welding in the UK - Soudage laser en France - Soudage laser en Belgique - Soudage laser au Luxembourg - Laserschweißen in Deutschland - Laserschweißen in Österreich - Soldadura láser en españa - Saldatura laser in italia - Soldadura a laser em portugal - Laser welding in ireland - Lasersvejsning i danmark - Sudarea cu laser în Romania - Soudage laser en Suisse - Laserschweißen in der Schweiz - Laser bidezko soldadura espainian - Laser bidezko soldadura espainian - Laserové svařování v česku - Laserové zváranie na slovensku - Lasersko varjenje v sloveniji - Lasersko zavarivanje u hrvatskoj - Lasersko zavarivanje u bosni - Ласерско заваривање у Србији - Лазерно заваряване в българия - Συγκόλληση με λέιζερ στην Ελλάδα - Spawanie laserowe w Polsce - Лазерне зварювання в Україні - Лазерная сварка в украине - Лазерная зварка ў Беларусі - Laserhitsaus Suomessa - Lasersvetsning i sverige - Lasersveising i norge - Laser welding in united states - Laser welding in canada - Soudage au laser au Canada - Türkiye'de Lazer Kaynak - ריתוך לייזר בישראל